Saturday, August 7, 2010

Month THREE-Business Storytelling and Brand Development-November 2009




"There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside you"-Zora Neale Hurston. That is one of my favorite quotes and I am reminded of it when I think of my Business Storytelling and Brand Development class. This class, more than any other, helped me to define who I am as the leader of my company and why I am so passionate about what I do. Our course director, Ken DeGillio, has a talent for getting us to realize why customers are attracted to one product or brand over another. Ken showed us the psychological tricks that are used including color and shape of logos, use of fonts for titles and the importance of listening to the stories of CEOs of major corporations to get a feel for why they were successful. Ken introduced us to TED Talks which feature 18 minute windows into the souls of Technology, Entertainment and Design leaders from around the world.

My leadership portfolio project was to create my own "TED"-like talk in an iMovie format. Please the short Business Storytelling film below:


No comments:

Post a Comment